Press Releases/ Announcement
EXPLORING THE FUTURE OF ELECTROMOBILITY: CHALLENGES, PERSPECTIVES, AND LIMITS
Regional Council of Lille, Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Dunkirk, October 12, 2023 – The consultation for the construction of a solid-state battery gigafactory, led by ProLogium and RTE, is progressing in the Hauts-de-France region. In the midst of this consultation period, two roundtable discussions concerning electric mobility are scheduled for Tuesday, October 17, at the Regional Council of Lille.
Initiated on September 22, under the guidance of the National Commission for Public Debate (CNDP), the dialogue led by ProLogium and RTE has engaged residents and stakeholders in tackling a spectrum of critical issues pertinent to the Dunkirk area. These include training and employment, the project’s environmental impact, technological risks, and innovation strides in electric mobility.
During this consultation period, set to conclude on November 13, an event will take place on Tuesday, October 17, from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Regional Council of Lille. This forthcoming event will host two consecutive roundtable discussions on electric mobility, featuring themes such as “Energy Transition: How Do Territories Meet the Challenge of Decarbonization?” and “The Electric Car: A Viable Solution in the Era of Thermal Cars Phasing Out?”.
The event will be streamed live online, accessible through this link. Remote participants will also have the opportunity to engage and ask questions.
These roundtable discussions will bring together key players in energy transition and electric mobility, including:
- Gilles NORMAND, President of ProLogium Europe
- Aurélien GAY, Deputy Interministerial Delegate for Strategic Metals
- Frédéric MOTTE, Regional Councilor of Hauts-de-France, President of the REV3 mission
- Paulo-Serge LOPEZ, President of the Virage Énergie association
- Nicolas BALLAND, Territorial Delegate for R&D and Innovation, ARIA
- Philippe DEGOBERT, Director of the Arts and Crafts Campus in Lille and the Specialized Master’s in Project Management in EVSE (Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment)
- Serge MARTIN, Territorial Delegate, Northern Territorial Directorate, ENEDIS
- Pascal DERACHE, Project Director in Consultation, RTE
- Philippe DI BONO, Prospective Pole of the Electrical System, RTE
This public event will be attended by the CNDP guarantors, Anne-Marie Royal and Jean-Louis Laure, ensuring transparency, diverse and balanced participation, and the integrity of discussions. The guarantors are available to address any questions regarding the ongoing procedure: Mrs. Anne-Marie Royal – [email protected] ; Mr. Jean-Louis Laure – [email protected].
The consultation will remain open to public until November 13, 2023. To learn more about the project and contribute, all interested parties are invited to visit the dedicated website.
Founded in 2006 by Vincent Yang, ProLogium is an energy sector innovation company specializing in R&D and the manufacture of next-generation battery solutions for electric vehicles. ProLogium is currently the world’s only manufacturer of solid batteries to have demonstrated its mass production capacity for consumer electronics. Its experimental line of automotive equipment will begin its pre-production phase in the second half of 2023 in Taoke. Its exclusive technologies are the subject of over 600 patents worldwide.
RTE, manager of the French electricity transmission network, fulfills a public service mission: ensuring electricity supply at all times and with the same quality of service throughout the national territory through the mobilization of its 9,500 employees. RTE manages real-time electricity flows and balances between production and consumption. RTE maintains and develops the high and very high voltage network (from 63,000 to 400,000 volts), which includes over 100,000 kilometers of overhead lines, over 6,000 kilometers of underground lines, 2,800 operating or co-operating electrical substations, and 51 cross-border lines. The French network, the largest in Europe, is interconnected with 33 countries. As an industrial operator in the energy transition, RTE optimizes and transforms its network to connect electricity production facilities regardless of future energy choices. Through its expertise and reports, RTE enlightens the choices of public authorities.
ANNEXE – CALENDRIER :
ANNEXE – CALENDRIER :
Donner son avis sur le projet :
- ➤ En vous rendant sur le site internet du projet : https://prologium.je-contribue.com/
- ➤ En complétant les registres mis à disposition du public dans les communes du périmètre de la concertation (voir liste complète dans le dossier de concertation)
Par ailleurs, les maîtres d’ouvrage et les garants seront également joignables :
- ➤ En envoyant un courrier à ProLogium : ProLogium, 11, avenue Delcassé, 75008 PARIS
- ➤ En envoyant un courrier à la CNDP : CNDP, 244, boulevard Saint-Germain, 75007 PARIS
Pour rester informé des suites du projet, à l’issue de la concertation :
- ➤ Le bilan des garants rendra compte de son déroulement et des arguments échangés ;
- ➤ La réponse des maîtres d’ouvrage à ce bilan informera le public des enseignements qu’ils retiennent de la concertation pour son projet de gigafactory.